Villa Murat the abode overlooking Capri in Sorrento peninsula.
Villa Murat is a historical address of great emotional impact, for luxury vacations, events celebrations and exclusive weddings.
Located on the furthermost point of the peninsula at walking distance from the village, Villa Murat is set in one of the most beautiful natural landscapes of the Sorrento coast: from every window and balcony, from every terrace and from the solarium, one’s eyes fall upon Capri, Ischia, Marina della Lobra and Vesuvius, which, it seems, one can touch with an outstretched hand.
The villa gives testimony, that in 1808, Gioacchino Murat, King of Naples, planned the siege against the English in the fight to recapture Capri.
Impressive vacation villa in desirable Sorrento peninsula with unforgettable view of the ocean and Capri island. Highly refined private palazzo with the atmosphere and appointments of the 17th century. All the modern comforts and services available: WiFi, private terraces and gardens, dedicated staff. A luxurious retreat for relaxing and rejuvenating.
In short Villa Murat sleeps 10+1 and features
• 5 bedrooms: at the ground floor one large triple bedroom (32 sqm) with king size bed plus single bed and access to the terrace; at the first floor one single bedroom (12 sqm), one double bedroom (26 sqm), and two twin bedrooms (18 sqm). All the first floor bedrooms are frescoed and offer wonderful sea views.
• 4 bathrooms two at the ground floor and two at the first floor
• A nice living room with patio and enchanting view over Capri
• Solarium and 2 panoramic terraces
• Panoramic Pool
• Assistance in the villa: 24hrs per day housekeeper and 6 hrs per day cleaning service
• Breakfast served
• WIFI internet connection
• Extraordinary appointments throughout, every amenity considered
• Superb year-round destination, especially even for early spring time and autumn
• Customized transportation, excursions and events arranged on request
The rooms have a discreet and original charm, are stylishly decorated for an old-world atmosphere, and have a marvelous view over Capri. The bathrooms, which are also in the same style, are outside the rooms except in the ground floor suite, to respect the villa's historical architectural plans.
Particularly noteworthy is the "Murat suite," where the King of Naples, Joachim Murat, stayed in 1808 during the French fighting to recapture Capri, and which today still has the original decoration, frescoes and terracotta flooring.
GROUND FLOOR 110 sqm + patio 15 sqm+ staff room 70 mq
From the limestone entrance, one enters through the 16th century doorway into a paved stone hall. The hall to the right is reserved for the staff of the villa. On the left is a double sitting room, a bathroom with tub, a panoramic loggia and three steps down a triple bedroom (32 sqm) with double bed (cm168x195) and a single bed (bm 80x190), en suite bathroom (shower) and access to the panoramic terrace perfect for moments of relaxation. Breakfast room.
24 steps from the ground floor to the first floor
FIRST FLOOR 170 sqm + loggia (61 sqm)
In this floor each room is steeped in history: there are four bedrooms; one single bedroom (12 sqm) with French size bed (cm 117x190), one double bedroom (26 sqm) bed size cm 165x193, and two twin bedrooms (18 sqm each) beds are cm 80x 190 and cm90x 190, and two comfortable bathrooms with tub.
All the area has windows or balconies which give a sense of being suspended above the sea. Kitchen and large terrace that lie across one end of the building to the other offer unforgettable view of Capri, Ischia, Marina della Lobra e del Golfo di Napoli.
22 steps to the solarium (120sqm)
POOL (m3xm9) The pool overlooking the Gulf of Naples is nestled in a secluded corner of the gardens of Mediterranean vegetation is fully integrated with the natural environment to live moments of absolute serenity and privacy.
GARDEN (1500 sqm) The villa's gardens are like an open air lounge, equipped with wrought iron tables and chairs, hammocks and swings, the ideal place to relax and be revitalized with walks among ancient species of trees and rare plants which are typically Mediterranean.
Villa Murat combines elegance and class with peace and harmony. With these characteristics, it is a fantastic setting for luxury vacations and memorable occasions, because of its natural situation on the extreme tip of the peninsula and also its emotionally inspiring environment.
AMENITIES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
• Assistance in the villa: a guardian and housekeeper who live in the villa are present 24 hours a day, available to help guests, 6 hours per day. Daily cleaning service is provided as well.
• Breakfast a buffet Italian breakfast is served with a smile to start the day well.
• WIFI internet connection
• Cleaning arrangements: guests can request extra linen changes and a private maid for washing and ironing.
• In Home Private Personal Chef Services and Cooking Classes Typical local dishes, accompanied by an excellent selection of wines, are prepared imaginatively by the chef in the historical kitchen, where wood-fired ovens go hand in hand with modern conveniences. Menus for those with food intolerances and celiac disease are prepared on request. Villa Murat also offers the possibility of cooking classes directly in the villa. In The day and time you request, a chef will be on hand to unveil and make you prepare the typical recipes of our land. Each client will prepare a full menu from appetizers to dessert assisted by a specialist in preparing the best dishes, all in English language.
Boat trip, Food and wine tasting itineraries, transfers, massages
Sea: 4 km Marina della Lobra
Villa Murat in the heart of one of the most enchanting places along the Sorrentine Coast: Massa Lubrense. Place of myth, one remembers that this is the Land of the Sirens, marine demons who seduced all those who heard their song and immortalized in Homer’s Odyssey and his story of Ullysses.
Villa Murat is not only situated in an exceptional strategic position, in the heart of the green and blue delta, between Sorrento, Capri and Positano, it is set in a splendid coast of some twenty-one kilometers. From here it is possible to reach many tourist resorts spectacular hikes, including: the nearby Sorrento, the archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum, Naples and Vesuvius, Capri and Ischia or famous or even through the beautiful Amalfi drive to discover the pearls of Amalfi Coast with Positano, Amalfi and Ravello, and many other places.
From Villa Murat also are available on request transfer services, excursions, car with driver and boat trips
TRAILS Its territory extends for 20 kilometers and is rich in a network of trails of around 100 kilometers connecting the numerous.
RESTAURANTS The tastes and flavors are of fundamental culinary value in this area and, in fact, there are 3 restaurants which have been accredited with Michelin star ratings.
The area is also known for its olive oil production and is part of the association known as the City of Oil
The care given to the environment and sustainability of the area are always top-of-mind in Massa Lubrense and so it’s not surprising that it is considered the “Safest community in Italy”, this as measured by the “Hoiday Metre”. The FEE Italia (Founation for Environmental Education) has recognised this and awarded Massa Lubrense with Blue Flag 2008 status, the only beach in the province of Naples to have received this. It is also the first town in Campania to have a high level of refuse differentiation (higher than 80%), even during the period during the refuse emergency. Recently it was also declared the “most virtuous city in Italy”. It is also the leading community in protected marine reserves of Punta Campanella, which comprises of the communities of Positano, Sorrento, Vico Equense, Piano di Sorrento and Sant’Agnello.